"I am the grammarian about whom your mother warned you."
Got the word on Twitter that I have been ‘tagged’ for a blogging meme by Chris Galvin, with the intention of connecting and introducing bloggers to eachother and learning about eachother. I like these questions, they’re deeper than the usual ‘what’s your favorite color?’ type. Below you’ll find my answers to Chris’s questions and I’m spreading the love by tagging elevenses other bloggers and sucking them into this. You’re welcome. I guess you can come up with your own or reuse what you see here. So herewith: Da Roolz:
1. Post the rules. 2. Tag up to eleven bloggers by posting links to their blogs, and let them know. 3. Create eleven questions for the people you’ve tagged. 4. Answer the questions your tagger posed for you. 5. Have fun!
So first off, I’m going to tag others. This was a lot harder than I expected. There are so many people I wanted to tag that I may have to do a second round of this. Gird your loins!
1. Anne Michaud
3. Robin Ashe
10. Amber Kallyn
And here are your questions. I tried to come up with some thought-provoking ones, but not too deeply philosophical:
And here are my answers to the questions Chris posed:
1. When did you start your blog?
Err… about six years ago.
2. Do you blog often, or is it difficult to find the time and inspiration?
I’m erratic. There have been days when I do 3 posts in a day, but then can go for two weeks without a new post.
3. What’s your favourite snack food?
Chocolate. You mean there are others???
4. What is one really strange thing that you would like to do or try?
I’d like to train as a Roman Legionary.
5. Do you edit while you write, or write first, edit later?
Usually I just write and edit later. I need to get the ideas down before I lose them.
6. If you could change one major thing about yourself, what would it be?
I wish I was smarter.
7. What’s the next book on your To Be Read list?
The Eagle of the Ninth, by Rosemary Sutcliff
8. What are you reading now?
The Celtic Empire, by Peter Berresford Ellis
9. If you start a book and you don’t care for it right away, how many pages do you give it before you stop reading?
Somewhere around 50 pages seems like enough to know if it’s worth finishing or not.
10. What is your favourite time of day and why?
Early morning. It’s quiet and still, I can almost pretend I’m in my own private universe.
(Since calling attention to this, Chris added question 11. That’ll teach me)
11. Do you have a favourite style or genre of literature?
Science fiction. The more science-y, the better. I wish I could write it, but not being a scientist myself makes it pretty near impossible.
That’s it (I checked, Chris only had 10 questions listed). I hope the folks I’ve tagged will have the time and energy to participate. And please come back and leave a comment when you’ve got your post up so we can all scurry over and read it.